By registering to participate in the Ladder Tipping game governed by these terms and conditions and the Game Rules (as defined below) ("the Game") you hereby agree to be bound by and to abide by the following terms and conditions.
Applications and Registration
1. All applications to participate in the Game must be made online on the Ladder Tipping website at www.laddertipping.com ("the Site") and strictly in accordance with the relevant instructions. No applications to enter made in any other manner will be accepted. Where your application is accepted, you will become known as a 'Player' in the terms below.
2. In these Terms & Conditions of Entry, unless the contrary intention appears, the following words and phrases have the meanings set out opposite them:
"Code" means the sporting code listed on the Web Site;
“Competition” means the tipping Game for each Code for a single Season
"Match" means a single game conducted by the relevant Code, between member teams of that Code, in a Competition that is made available on the Website.;
"Player" means a person who is eligible to participate and registers for or participates in any of the Promotion(s) by logging into the Site with their username and password;
"Promotion" means any tipping Competition for any Season of Matches or Rounds in a Season, of any Code made available on the Web Site whereby winning entries are based on the Results of Matches (for tipping promotions) at the conclusion of the relevant Round or Season, as the case may be;
"Results" are the results or outcomes of Matches as officially determined by the relevant Code in accordance with the rules of that Code following the completion of a Round;
"Round" means a round of the relevant Code conducted during that Code's Season that is made available for tipping as outlined on the website. Where a Code does not have a determined Round structure, rounds will be determined at the discretion of the Promoter and outlined on the Web Site;
"Season" means the series of home and away games (or series of Matches as indicated otherwise on the Site) for a Code as listed on the Site. At the discretion of the Promoter, Seasons may or may not contain the finals series for the Code available for any Promotion and will be posted on the Web Site;
"Score" means the allocation of points to a Participant for the selection of tips;
"Site" means the Site of the Promoter at http://www.laddertipping.com accessible on the Internet through the World Wide Web.
3. Entry into the Game is open to both Australian and non-Australian residents. Please see terms 22-24 if you are under 18 years of age, as these are extra terms which will apply to you when playing the Game.
4. No purchase of any item or service is necessary in order to enter the Game and no payment is required from you to enter the Game. The sole consideration required from you is that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the Game Rules as defined below at terms 12-13.
5. Entries must not be submitted by agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete entries or entries not received by Ladder Tipping for any reason. Any such entries will be deemed void (concerning which the decision of Ladder Tipping shall be final).
6. While there is no limit on the number of entries per household or organisation only one entry in respect of the Game per unique Competition, per unique registered user of the Site is permitted (concerning which the decision of Ladder Tipping shall be final). Ladder Tipping reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to verify the identity of a Player. If the individual is found to have registered more than once as a Player, Ladder Tipping reserves the right to refuse to grant prizes.
7. The closing date and deadline for entries to a Competition will be published by Ladder Tipping. You must be registered as a Player in order to qualify for points awarded in respect of any round of games in a Competition. Any such information on how and when to enter for the Game forms part of these terms and conditions.
8. Ladder Tipping reserves the right not to accept any registration for any Player if the registration contains anything slanderous of defamatory or is otherwise unsightly in any way, as determined by Ladder Tipping in its absolute discretion. The Player’s participation in the Game can be withdrawn due to unsightly conduct at any time during and after the Game. This includes any registration that Ladder Tipping reasonably suspects have been created using a computerised scripting tool. Any such decision to do so by Ladder Tipping is final.
9. In the event that (other than in the circumstances at term 7 above) user names or league names are deemed unsuitable Ladder Tipping may reject such user names or league names. In this instance, any names so rejected may be changed and notified to Ladder Tipping within seven days. In the event that the alternative name proposed on behalf of any applicant to play the Game in such circumstances is again rejected at Ladder Tipping’s discretion the relevant applicant will be treated as being in breach of these terms and conditions.
11. Both Australian and non-Australian residents entering the Game are subject to their teams being automatically entered into a “Location League”. A Location League is simply a mini-league named after the location entered by the Player when registering a team. Ladder Tipping may choose to offer a prize to the overall winner of such Location Leagues. The nature of the prize and the countries selected for this purpose are at the sole discretion of Ladder Tipping. There is no opt-out from a Location League but participation in no way obligates the Player to receive marketing communications from Ladder Tipping unless otherwise indicated during Registration.
12. Ladder Tipping doesn’t condone users setting up/joining leagues charging for entry and cannot be held responsible for their management or any loss suffered through users’ involvement.
The Game Rules
13. The Game will be governed by the Game Rules from time to time published on the Site by Ladder Tipping ("Game Rules"). Ladder Tipping reserves the right to alter, amend or supplement the Game Rules from time to time in its absolute discretion in the event of any circumstances beyond its reasonable control arising or where it considers it desirable to do so. You agree that no liability shall attach to Ladder Tipping as a result of any such change and so are advised to check the Game Rules regularly from time to time. The Game Rules form part of these terms and conditions.
14. Ladder Tipping will be the sole decision-maker of any matter of interpretation of the Game Rules and any aspect of the content of, or playing of, the Game. Ladder Tipping will not enter into correspondence relating to such matters and its decision as to any matter arising out of or in connection with the Game Rules including but not limited to the allocation of points to any Player and/or the award of any Prize and/or any ranking or league table shall be final and conclusive.
Prizes and Winner's Details
15. Any prizes awarded in respect of the Game ("Prizes") will be at the discretion of Ladder Tipping from time to time and Ladder Tipping reserves the right to alter and amend the Prizes where circumstances beyond its reasonable control require it to do so.
16. The first Prize ("Winner's Prize") will be awarded to the Player who according to Ladder Tipping’s determination is at the top of the leaderboard published by Ladder Tipping at the end of the regular season, but not including Finals (if applicable). Proof of age will be required for the Winner's Prize.
17. The Winner's Prize will be determined at the discretion of Ladder Tipping for each Competition.
18. If more than one player is at the top of the final leaderboard and cannot be separated under the Game Rules, then the winner will be chosen at random by a computer-generated, independent process. Ladder Tipping’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Prizes are not transferable and are non-exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in any circumstances.
20. Winners will be notified of their success by email in respect of the Winner's Prize within 30 days of the completion of the Competition, at which time they must confirm their contact details prior to the Prize in question being delivered.
21. Subject always to term 41 below, Players' names and addresses and the winners' photographic images and their comments relating to any Prize may be used without limitation for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of Ladder Tipping in any and all media worldwide without notice to them and without any fee being paid.
22. If you are under 18, then the above Prizes information will apply differently to you should you win a Prize. Please see terms 37-42 below.
Applicants Under 18 Years of Age
23. If you are under 18 years of age, then you are welcome to enter the Game, but you should carefully read these terms, and ensure that your parent or responsible guardian also does so, before submitting your application.
24. You will only be eligible for the Winner's Prize if we receive a note of written consent from your parent or guardian confirming that:
a. they were happy for you to play the Game; and
b. that they are happy for you to receive the winner’s Prize.
25. If you do win a Prize, and if Ladder Tipping wishes to use any comments, details, or photographs of you, then they will always seek the express written consent of your parent or guardian before doing so.
Responsibility and Remedies
26. The extent of Ladder Tipping’s responsibility to you has been determined in the context of the following:
a. the Game is provided to you free of charge;
b. you are responsible for any action you do or do not take as a result of the Game and the information therein;
c. you are responsible for ensuring that your equipment is enabled with appropriate up-to-date virus checking software.
27. While Ladder Tipping will endeavour to ensure that the Game is available to you at all times and that the contents are correct and accurate, it cannot make any legal commitment to you that this will be the case. However, Ladder Tipping will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing any service to you.
28. Ladder Tipping cannot accept any liability to you for any of the following types of loss which you may suffer as a result of your entry to the Game:
a. loss which was not foreseeable to you and Ladder Tipping when you first applied for the Game (even if that loss results from Ladder Tipping’s failure to comply with these terms or its negligence);
b. any business loss you may suffer, including loss of revenue, profits, or anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of Ladder Tipping’s default);
c. loss which you suffer other than as a result of our failure to comply with these terms or our negligence or breach of statutory duty;
d. any loss which you may suffer as a result of or in connection with or arising out of any Prize.
29. Nothing in these terms will limit Ladder Tipping’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or if they deliberately lied to you before you entered.
30. Any breach by you of the Game Rules from time to time shall also be a breach of these terms and conditions.
31. In the event of any breach by you of these terms and conditions Ladder Tipping reserves the right to:
a. refuse entry to the Game;
b disqualify you from the Game;
c. require any reasonable amendment to your application or entry.
If you are barred or disqualified from entry, you shall not be eligible to participate in the Game under any other identity or team name. Any such decision by Ladder Tipping shall be final.
32. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise enforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
33. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Australia.
Promoter: Ladder Tipping